[ale] Hard drive upgrade

Dave Brooks db at disctech.net
Tue Apr 13 00:15:49 EDT 1999

Insert new Hard Drive in box.  Boot it.
We'll assume the new drive is /dev/hdb and the old one is /dev/hda.
Fdisk it appropriately.
Run this command:
(This is assuming Linux resides on the partition /dev/hd*1 on both
drives).

# dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/dev/hdb1

Remove old drive, but new drive in the old one's place.
Done.

BTW: What are you doing with the old drive? Wanna sell it?

Thorsten Hofrichter wrote:

> Ghost will work or you can use dd , dd is ver simple .

>   _____________
>  |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|        Thorsten Hofrichter
>        |_|            Georgia College CBX 2883
>        |_|             Milledgeville, GA 31061
>        |_|               SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
>        |_|        E-Mail : thholr at alef.gcsu.edu