[ale] Can Linux RAS into a NT box?

Matt Williams Mwilliams at osisystemsinc.com
Mon Apr 12 11:22:21 EDT 1999

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE84F8.4279FFC0

I have Internet access at work and i can RAS in from home and access the net
over MS proxy server 2.0.  I was gung-ho to save money, so i immediately
cancelled my ISP account when this service became available at work.
however, in my haste, i forgot to test my Linux box as well to see if it
could connect to work.  at work we have a NT domain that we RAS into and to
get internet access, we have the client machine point to the proxy server.
can Linux RAS into a NT domain? i tried with SUSE 6.0 and with the kppp
program.  i connected, but then it said PPP unexpectedly quit.  I'm at a
loss as to my next move.

MaTT WiLLiaMS
Mwilliams at osisystemsinc.com <mailto:Mwilliams at osisystemsinc.com>

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE84F8.4279FFC0

</pre>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Can Linux RAS into a NT box?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have Internet access at work and i =
can RAS in from home and access the net over MS proxy server 2.0.  =
I was gung-ho to save money, so i immediately cancelled my ISP account =
when this service became available at work. however, in my haste, i =
forgot to test my Linux box as well to see if it could connect to =
work.  at work we have a NT domain that we RAS into and to get =
internet access, we have the client machine point to the proxy =
server.  can Linux RAS into a NT domain? i tried with SUSE 6.0 and =
with the kppp program.  i connected, but then it said PPP =
unexpectedly quit.  I'm at a loss as to my next move.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MaTT WiLLiaMS</FONT>
<BR><A HREF=3D"mailto:Mwilliams at osisystemsinc.com"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Mwilliams at osisystemsinc.com</FONT></U></A>
</P>