[ale] Window Maker

Irv Mullins irv at ellijay.com
Wed Apr 7 12:44:34 EDT 1999

Crozier, Mindi (Atlanta) wrote:

> What file do I edit to be able to add items to the application list for
> Window Maker?
>
> Does anyone know of a good resource to learn more about operating Window
> Maker?
>
> Thanks!

/home/username/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/menu

Here's a clip from part of mine, just as an example:

"Applications" MENU
        "Internet" MENU
           "EzPPP" EXEC su -c /home/irv/ezppp-1.0B9/ezppp
           "Netscape" EXEC netscape
        "Internet" END

        "CD-ROM" MENU
            "Umount" EXEC su -c umount /dev/hdc
            "Eject" EXEC su -c eject /dev/hdc
            "Mount" EXEC su -c mount /dev/hdc
            "Workman" EXEC workman
        "CD-ROM" END

	"XTerm" EXEC xterm -sb

	"Pico" EXEC xterm -e pico

        "FileRunner" EXEC fr
        "suFileRunner" EXEC su -c fr
	"Workspaces" WORKSPACE_MENU
	"Applications" MENU
		"Graphics" MENU
			"Gimp" EXEC gimp
			"XV" EXEC xv
			"XPaint" EXEC xpaint
			"XFig" EXEC xfig
		"Graphics" END
  		"Ghostview" EXEC ghostview %a(Enter file to view)
		"Acrobat" EXEC /usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread %a(Enter
PDF to view)
  		"TkDesk" EXEC tkdesk
	"Applications" END

BTW: WindowMaker is absolutely the best, as far as  I am
concerned!
Close runner-up on the must-have list is FileRunner.

Regards,
Irv Mullins