[ale] mgetty and AutoPPP

Michael D. Ivey ivey at realminfo.com
Mon Sep 14 11:48:47 EDT 1998

I'm currently using uugetty to handle PPP logins, and running pppd as
the last step in my login script, but I want to be able to handle PAP
logins without a script (Win(9[58]|NT) clients)...and the docs for
mgetty are more geared towards faxing.  RH5.1, basic install, etc...

Has anyone worked with mgetty and wouldn't mind giving me some pointers,
either privately or on-list?  I need to support AutoPPP/PAP, and IP
based on username.

TIA

--
Michael D. Ivey, RHCE  <ivey at realminfo.com>
Senior Technical Manager, REALM Information Technologies