[ale] Adaptec 1740 card

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:03:14 EDT 1998

Does the card work under Linux, regardless of any messages?

I have one, and I had to do a lot of configuring with the #%!$ EISA
utility to get it to work right.  Actually, to install debian, I had to
put an OLD vga card in the machine (the ATI chipset caused the monitor to
scroll under debian install, but not when I built my own kernel) and I
also put a SMC Ultra card in for the install, until I compiled my own
kernel with SMC Ultra EISA support.

Basically, I've decided that EISA is EVIL.

	-Dan