[ale] Sybase and Linux

Jerry Yu zyu at tc.net
Thu Oct 29 10:16:07 EST 1998

There is a link at redhat's website. A big icon or something. Now Oracle's
is besides it in the page.
I guess Sybase's website should have it as well.

sybase-ase-11.0.3.3-1 and another RPM

I've set it up in my RedHat 5.0 box at home. And it works after some
tweaking.  The sybinit script, char-based configurator,  is not very
smart, by the way. It even failed to check r/w permission and try to
insert table instead of update table when you modify entries for the
configuration using sybinit.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu