[ale] Stealth II G640 question

warp at whitestar.soark.net warp at whitestar.soark.net
Wed Oct 21 17:49:07 EDT 1998

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 05:26:26PM -0400, Stan Hearn wrote:
> I'm doing a new install of Redhat 5.1.  I've got a Diamond Stealth II G460
> AGP video card and I don't know which one of the the beasts below to use to
> configure Xfree86.  Which one would be the closest?  Please don't say
> Generic VGA.

Ahh yes, a Diamond Stealth II, SuSE has a unaccelerated but free server
for it, Xi has a commercial (About $100) accelerated server, very nice
from what I hear too, however the cost may be a bit prohibitive..

The chip is a Rendition 2x00 (If your lucky you may have a 2200 but you
may have to remove a sticker over the chip to see for sure)..

For more information on this I'd suggest looking in the rendition news
groups (See there web page), namely the altos group..

Good luck..

Zephaniah E, Hull..

<snip>
> Thanks, Stan Hearn