[ale] Console server not working?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Tue Oct 20 10:13:34 EDT 1998

Ok,
  The box is in place.  I can telnet to it and do a cu -l /dev/cua0
when I need to.  I can even send a break to the sun box and reboot it.
The problem at hand though is when I treid to usie minicom and dial in
this morning, telnet to the server from the annex and then do the cu
I could connect and disconnect, but I couldn't send the break.  Since
the box was DEAD to the world otherwise this is what I needed.

  I didn't get any error messages or any output.  It was basically ignoring
the ~# combination.   Anyone seen this before?

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows NT --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Micro$oft's Ode To
  at Great West Life.           \_            P. T. Barnum

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: