[ale] Boot Logo

Mike Kachline kachline at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 19 11:48:17 EDT 1998

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, ari wrote:

> > Does anyone have an extensive HOWTO on boot logos and
> > installing/configuring one?

	I thought I remember seeing that the 2.1.x series of kernels had
boot logos built into the kernel. From what I understood, one would get as
many logos as one had processors. According to the Docs, you've got to
enable the extra "VGA" console capability. But, of course, I never did get
a logo to show up. Has anyone else heard about boot logos in 2.1.x?

	Either way, I too would be interested in finding out how to get a
boot logo. :)
							- Mike
Michael Kachline - CS, Georgia Tech
kachline at cc.gatech.edu