[ale] [Off Topic] Fan of power supply

Linux Idiot esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Oct 14 13:09:57 EDT 1998

Hao Ni wrote:

> Hi!
>     I know it's off topic, but just wondering. The fan of ATX power supply
> in my computer died recently, is there any way to replace only the fan,
> not the whole power supply?
>     Thanks for your time.

I recently did this, but it depends on the power supply.  One I had had
the fan riveted in, so it was not easy to replace.  Another problem is
that the fans can vary in size, although they are generally the same.
First see if you can get the power supply open and the fan out without
destroying it.  Then take the fan to a computer shop and see if they can
match it up.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????