[ale] Q: Zipdisk won't eject @#$!! disk

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 9 09:08:33 EDT 1998

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Gelatin wrote:

> At 04:05 PM 10/6/98 -0400, I wrote:
> >I have an IDE Iomega zip100 drive, and it refuses to spit out the *(@#!!
> >disks.  Pushing the button gets no result.  Console command no better:

> I had the same problem and my solution was to remove the metal top of the
> drive and then manually slide the white peice of plastic when I want to
> eject.  This approach is annyoying though, because the drive will not work
> without the top on, so you have to replace it after each eject.  There
> *MUST* be a better solution =]

This sounds bit extreme.  At the moment, I just leave it alone and it a
few minutes the drive barfs out the disk.  Maybe it thinks it's a toaster.

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer -- john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
         Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
             "Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and Simulations"