[ale] Q: Zipdisk won't eject @#$!! disk

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 6 17:22:38 EDT 1998

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, jkinney wrote:

> Did you unmount the disk first?
> The reboot process will unmount it allowing the disk to be ejected.

Thanks for the pointer, but yes, I did umount the drive.  In fact I have
the same problem whether or not the drive was ever mounted, whether the
fs was msdos of ext2, and whether or not I use the -f and -u switches.

Inquiring minds don't want to boot Win for the pleasure of ejecting a
disk!!!???

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer -- john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
         Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
             "Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and Simulations"