[ale] Comcast cable modem service

Hao Ni gs01hnn at panther.gsu.edu
Sun Oct 4 17:01:09 EDT 1998

I just called them and subscribed the @Home service yesterday. The
installation would be tomorrow. So I don't know much about the service
under Linux yet. However, I read through the Cable Modem HOWTO and didn't
see many potential problems. Basically it's the same as setting an
ethernet.
    The monthly rate for TV basic service is around $15. I am using
Expanded Basic Service and the rate is around $32.
    If you want, I can refer you. :-)

Hao Ni

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Stephan Uphoff wrote:

> I am planning to get comcast (@home) service.
>
> Is anybody using comcast (@home) already ?
> ( If so you can get one month free by recommending
> the service and then referring me )
>
> Do they use static or dynamic IP addresses ?
>
> Are they linux friendly ?
>
> Are they really offering the service NOW or are they just out-bluffing
> Bell South ADSL offer :-) ?
>
> Does anybody know what the normal (TV) cable rates are for comcast ?
> I have to pay 10$ more for the ISP service if I am not a TV cable
> customer. ( Just wondering if I should buy TV cable as well)
>
> Thanks
>
> 	Stephan

Sincerely yours,
Hao Ni

Hao Ni                      | Email:    hni at gsu.edu
Computer Information System |           hao_ni at bigfoot.com (recommended)
Georgia State University    | ICQ:      12010624
Atlanta, Georgia            | Homapage: http://www.bigfoot.com/~hao_ni
PGP Key fingerprint ("finger -l gs01hnn at panther.gsu.edu" for real keys)
DH/DSS Key: EA92 B716 D410 7FB9 DAB7  ADD7 A788 539F 2C18 ABD7
RSA Key:    615F F756 0685 97F8  40DB AB34 9657 B4E8