[ale] Etherfast setup

Michael B. Venezia venezia at ulrich.dyn.ml.org
Sun Oct 4 13:41:27 EDT 1998

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Benjamin Dixon wrote:

> I recently bought 2 Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PCI cards and a 4 port hub. I
> can't figure out how to get the NICs initiliazed though... they're PnP and
> I saw somewhere about turning PnP off but I can't find that stuff in the
> diagnostic program and pnpdump doesn't see the card even when warmbooting
> through loadlin. Are there some parameters I need to pass to LILO? or
> what? I know Linksys supports Linux but their webpage wasn't all too
> informative. Oh well. I've installed NICs before but never PCI ones so if
> someone can help get it detected, I can take care of the rest.

	I have two PNP NICs and you have to turn off PNP for it to work
right. (Have some program or jumper set it to specfic IRQs and such)  You
also need to add a line or two in your lilo.conf file so that it will add
the second NIC on boot.

	My lilo.conf file has this line in it:
	append="ether=10,0x300,eth1"

	Hope that helps you and all...