[ale] ISPs

Hao Ni gs01hnn at panther.gsu.edu
Sun Oct 4 01:58:26 EDT 1998

I think MediaOne had already been providing cable modem service for one
year or so. My cable company is Comcast, and they just began to offer
cable modem service. I called them today and signed on. :-)

Hao

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Linux Idiot wrote:

> scotth at snicker.emoti.com wrote:
> >
> > Is there any cable modem ISP around?
>
> I know that Time Warner is in the process of running fiber in my area
> with the expectation of offering cable modem service, the call it Road
> Runner.  I've not checked into it, because I figure my throughput won't
> be any better than my picture.
>
> They just dropped flyers on mailboxes in my subdivision indicating that
> they would be installing fiber in the area, assuring that they will
> return all property back to it's original state...

> > > I just switched to Atlnet upon the recommendation from someone else on
> > > the list and have been very pleased with there service.  Just got my
> > > quarterly bill for $45.77, which is around $15 a month.  They use Linux
> > > for some of there servers and I believe the rest of them are sun boxes.
> > > Very responsive and willing to go the extra mile for those special Linux
> > > kind of things.

> > > --
> > > Until later: Geoffrey         esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
> > >
> > > You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????
> > >

> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????

Sincerely yours,
Hao Ni

Hao Ni                      | Email:    hni at gsu.edu
Computer Information System |           hao_ni at bigfoot.com (recommended)
Georgia State University    | ICQ:      12010624
Atlanta, Georgia            | Homapage: http://www.bigfoot.com/~hao_ni
PGP Key fingerprint ("finger -l gs01hnn at panther.gsu.edu" for real keys)
DH/DSS Key: EA92 B716 D410 7FB9 DAB7  ADD7 A788 539F 2C18 ABD7
RSA Key:    615F F756 0685 97F8  40DB AB34 9657 B4E8