[ale] TkPerl

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Fri Oct 2 02:02:50 EDT 1998

Michael D. Ivey wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 08:54:28AM -0400, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> > work with my version of perl. When trying to install, rpm displays:
> >
> > failed dependencies:
> >         /usr/bin/perl is needed by perltk-800.004-1
>
> Try adding --nodeps and/or --force to make rpm install anyway.  That
> usually gets around that.
>
> > Can't load './blib/arch/auto/Tk/Tk.so' for module Tk: Unable to resolve
> > symbol at /usr/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
> >
> >  at blib/lib/Tk.pm line 40
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at demos/widget line 22.
> > make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
>
> This is a more complex one...try the rpm first, and see what
> you can get.  =)
>
> /mdi
>
> --
> Michael D. Ivey  -  Director of Emerging Technologies
> ivey at realminfo.com    http://www.realminfo.com/~ivey/

Ahh...Success at last. I finally have perltk working. For anyone who is
interested:

[ much pain, suffering, trial and error omitted ]

I'm running RedHat 4.2. I went to the RedHat ftp site under 4.2 upgrades
and downloaded a newer version of perl (perl-5.004-0.1). It was rpm,
easy to install.

Next, I downloaded Tk402.004 from one of the CPAN sites, compiled it,
and it worked. So, if you're running 4.2, these two components will work
together.

Thanks to all who responded to my questions...
--
Oakwood, GA 30566 USA
770.965.9294