[ale] ALE Showcase 1998

Linux Idiot esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Oct 1 17:00:08 EDT 1998

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> jkinney enscribed thusly:
> > The package you referred to is Linux Office 99 from SUSE.
>
>         YES!  That's it!
>
>         I was just having a momentary brain fart and could not remember
> where it was from to save my soul.
>
>         Thank you!

Just checked out SUSE web site, and they give a pretty good description
of the goodies, including GIMP, 'a fax solution,' KDE and ADABAS D
Personal Edition (SQL database).  I think I'm going to go for it. I'm
going to check out the info page to see if there are any gotchas with it
being an SUSE dist. and I'm running RH.  Says any release of Linux
(1.2.13 or better).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????