[ale] displays

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Sun Nov 29 15:25:53 EST 1998

> There is no way to scale an application down to a lower resolution,
> the same way you scale an image.  You can have your window manager or

Now that would be a cool trick to see a toolkit support.  I think it'd be
useful.  I do similar with xterm - I have it tail a file and set it to the
unreadable font.   If something happens on that term, I can't read it, but
I get a visual indication that change has happened and can resize the
font.

This could be real useful on some web browsers, where you can resize the
window down where you can see it, just not read it...that way you can see
when the page finishes loading (like from some european sites, without
switching screens or obscuring the window.

BTW Todd, my wife says your grammer on the first sentance is incorrect. :)

	-Dan