[ale] Hard Drive Upgrade

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Wed Nov 25 12:10:01 EST 1998

At 11:44 AM 11/25/98 -0600, Bob Kruger wrote:
>Actually, it is an issue of time (the amount that I can spend with it).  I
>would prefer just to initially install the new drive as a slave, partition
>and format, mount, and then do some type of copy that will insure all of
>the links are kept.

	This was a question I came across myself.  I've got a live server that I
need to upgrade the root partition on, but don't want to take down the
server for any appreciable time.

Please let me know as well.

Thanks!
Jay
-----
Jay Finch                       : "Wearing nothing is divine,
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta       :  naked is a state of mind."
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         :               -- Lucious Jackson
(770) 902-3049  (pager)         :
horus at larp.com                  : If pro is the opposite of con,
kateth at bck.org                  : does that mean progress is the
MTBI Survey says:  ENXJ         : opposite of Congress?
      Check out my home page at:  http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/