[ale] x window

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.net
Wed Nov 25 02:16:45 EST 1998

www.xfree86.org, but you won't find much good information there.

> Can someone tell me how to get this working remotely? or where to get info
> on how to do this pelase?

Contrary to the other advice, I do not think that VNC is necessarily the
best way to do it.  What, exactly, are you trying to do?  Display a
program from a Linux box to another unix box?  Display a program from
a Linux box onto a windows box?  Display a program from a Linux box
onto its own screen?  What kind of network do you have between the two
(sic) boxes?  What is the application?  Why are you doing this?

And, on a less important note, why is someone in Australia mailing a
group in the southeastern US for advice instead of asking one of the
Australian Linux users' groups?  You might get faster answers from
someone in your own time zone.  We're more than happy to help if you
don't mind the lag, though!

Todd Graham Lewis      MindSpring Enterprises    tlewis at mindspring.net
 The Windows 2000 name was obviously created over a glass of root beer
  in the company cafeteria by a couple of executives looking for a way
   out of the Windows NT delays.                     -- John C. Dvorak