[ale] Samba as client...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Nov 24 14:14:05 EST 1998

Wandered Inn enscribed thusly:

> > I'd like to study using samba, as a client on my laptop  to allow me to
> > use the various resources on an NT network. Can you point me to the best
> > www resource to learn about Samba? Thanks in advance...

> http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/

	New address (although the old one still works) http://www.samba.org
Then pick your nearest mirror.

	The samba site is so busy that the cost of just the TCP ACK's
is becoming a major financial burden.  Their connection doesn't charge
for outbound data, only inbound.  Still, just the acknowledgement packets
to the data sent, adds up to a major bill...

> > mikec at NO_SPAMamerica.net - remove the NO_SPAM for my email address

> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

> You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/