[ale] problem with iso9660 format

Jacob Langseth jlangseth at esisys.com
Thu May 21 12:38:56 EDT 1998

On Wednesday, May 20, 1998 10:46 PM, Lisa Chiang
[SMTP:gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net] wrote:
> Now that I'm running my new kernel (2.033 patched with
> patch-2.0.34pre15), I've discovered a new problem.
>
> I have an ATAPI CDROM which is mounted with the iso9660 filesystem in
fstab.

> When I mount the disk and list the files though, any file that does NOT
have
> an
> extension in its file name (such as "file" vs. "file.txt"), now has a "."
> appended to its file name so now it appears as "file."

I don't know about a driver fix, but it should be easy
to use a wrapper to get around the problem.

Assuming your config scripts step through the file
system like

for file in `find /mnt/iso-9660-fs/ -type f -print`; do
    # foo $file
done

you could patch it with

for file in `find /mnt/iso-9660-fs/ -type f -print`; do
    file=${file%.}	# strip trailing period

    # foo $file
done

hope this helps,