[ale] gateway

Steve Lewis sglewis at mindspring.com
Thu May 21 07:18:56 EDT 1998

When I installed RedHat 5 on my machine, it was a fresh install, vs. an
upgrade.  I know that in order to get IP forwarding and masquerading working
I had to rebuild the kernel.  The settings that you see from menuconfig are
the settings you used when you last built a kernel.  That does not have to
match the settings of the kernel you're running.  When you upgraded to
RedHat 5, your old kernel was replaced by their kernel with the options they
selected when they built it.  Try rebuilding and I bet things will start
working.