[ale] almost there

Jason Boyles jason at chunk.hboc.com
Wed May 20 09:56:53 EDT 1998

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 08:40:55AM -0400, Lisa Chiang wrote:
> 2.  I get the following error when booting this kernel:
> Can't find module netpf-4 and netpf-5
> Things seem to work but I'd like to clean up my box.
> What are these two modules and do I need them?
> (I'm on a redhat 4.2/intel box)  Thanks.

net-pf-4 == IPX
net-pf-5 == Appletalk

If you don't need these protocols (you probably don't) and find these
boot messages disturbing, just alias them to "off" in /etc/conf.modules, e.g.:

alias net-pf-5 off
alias net-pf-4 off

----
Jason Boyles <jason at chunk.hboc.com>
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."