[ale] Linux for the Alpha hardware

Tony Scalztiit tscal at vnet.net
Tue May 19 23:50:31 EDT 1998

I don't know who might be interested but I use Linux AXP on a older DEC
Multia (sometime called UDB).  A long time ago the DEC rep told me about
a company who bought all the units up after they discontinued them. This
company was moving them through onsale.com (I spent more money for mine
:( ).  I have seen recently that onsale.com is selling the DEC
alphastation 200's for a good price ($225).  They are without HD, have
24MB of RAM and a 8MB video (TGA, only supported in 8-bit color).  But I
just wanted to let anyone who was interested in Linux alpha a cheap
source for some hardware

--
Thank you
Tony