[ale] telneting via the com ports.

Mofid Francis mfrancis at engr.csulb.edu
Tue May 19 16:01:16 EDT 1998

I am not sure if this question was asked before, I have redhat 4.0 kernel
2.0.13 running.  I want to be able to connect this box through com port 1
(/dev/ttyS0).  how do i start a login process that will run on com port 1.
I did a "ps -uax" and no gpm on com 1(mouse).

Also the com port 1 is 9 pins so can I make a cable, if so any info would
help.

thanks
moe

*  This message was sent to you from the terminal of:                  *
*                                                                      *
* http://heart.engr.csulb.edu/~mfrancis                                *