[ale] fetchmail

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Thu May 14 23:44:52 EDT 1998

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Vernard Martin wrote:

> I am trying to use fetchmail with my local ISP, Internet Now, to retrieve my
> email. So far I have had no success. I have the following setup. I have an
> account "vernard" on my local system and I am using fetchmail to retrieve
> email
> from my isp account which has a different login name. Everything appears to
> run
> fine but the actual physical mail is not placed on my machine.
>
> Has anybody used this before and can help me set this up? Thanks.

You might try something like this:

  poll mailserver1 proto pop3 username username1 password secret1 is
vernard here
  poll mailserver2 proto pop3 username username2 password secret2 is
vernard here

This would enable you to retrieve mail from 2 servers on a single
pass, each server using different usernames and passwords but
delivering to the local user 'vernard'.  I think this should work for
you.  Try reading the man page from about page 9 thru 12 or so.  You
also might try turning the log option on so you can see where the mail
is going, if anywhere.

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net