[ale] Printers under linux

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at tfreeman.vnet.net
Tue May 12 15:56:22 EDT 1998

I have WP6.0 from Caldera (before Corel got involved), running RH5.0 (and
prior to that RH 4.2). I've had no real difficulties with the package,
although I haven't pushed the envelop real hard either. I print through
Ghost Script to a HP ljiip, which works just fine _except_ for envelopes.
My approach to printing envelops is pure crud/kludge unfortunately (gs
doesn't support the envelop properly) I have seen the Corel version on
RH5.0, but I don't have any experience with the package.

My guess is that the lady should be good to go with that setup.

Regards

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Vernard Martin wrote:

> My girlfriend wants to ditch Windows 95 completely and use WordPerfect for
> linux and printer from there as well. Is anybody currently doing this and can
> give me some information concerning this? She's running RedHat 4.2 linux (will
> probably go to 5.1 when it comes out). We're looking into getting one of the
> current inkjet style printers that are out there right now but don't want to
> buy one that is not supported under ghostscript.

> Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
> "Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth."

Thompson Freeman

Free Wisdom!! Bring your own bucket and shovel!