[ale] REALM Offers Red Hat Support

Jason Boyles jason at alltel.net
Sun May 3 15:29:55 EDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	Bah... what about us diehard Slackers :) so we don't have a
> commercial company puttin out the distros... I've been usin Slackware
> since back in the 0.99.x kernel release days...

Yeah, and what about us SLS folks?

> To me RH really isn't much
> more than a DuhOS-ified install of Linux... the RPM does the work so its a
> real no brainer... that's why on the #Linux channels on IRC you hear
> "RTFM" as the answer to many RH users... and their replies are general
> "Duh" or "What's that?"...

Well, they ARE on IRC, so what do you expect? :-)

I'd be careful about slamming the RedHat usership. Their number include
Linus Torvalds, Alan Cox, Miguel De Icaza, David S. Miller, Rasterman,
etc. IOW those folks who write and distribute the kernels, device drivers,
file systems, protocol stacks, and window managers you use every day. I
wouldn't exactly classify them as lusers, and I suspect you wouldn't
either.

----
Jason Boyles <jason at alltel.net>
"As long as you are not reading me, the fourth word of this
sentence has no referent."