[ale] Another issue: unresolved symbol __fxstat

J. Anthony Smith anthony.smith at chemistry.gatech.edu
Fri May 1 00:55:07 EDT 1998

Robert J. Wygand III wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm having another problem, too. I pulled down all of the rmps for
> KDE, and successfully installed them.  However, whenever I try and run
> any KDE app or their WM, I get "unable to resolve symbol '__fxstat'"
>
> I'm puzzled as to what library I'm missing. Does anyone know what library
> __fxstat is in?  Or how I can figure that out myself?
>
> Thanks!
> Rob
>
> --
> Robert J. Wygand III                                 rob at atlanta.usweb.com
> Senior Engineer                                      http://www.usweb.com/
> USWeb Corporation                                      +1 (770) 451 - 6675

Rob,
    What distribution and what version of qt? If RH5 and qt1.32 you will
always get that error. Download qt1.33 for RH5 and install it or recompile qt
on your current box. You can find qt1.33 for RH5 at
ftp://canine.resnet.gatech.edu/pub/kde/Incoming. If that doesn't fix it give
me a jingle and we'll fix things up. I have been using KDE for a very long
time. My machine is one of the larger mirrors for it in the U.S.
Cheers,
Anthony Smith
anthony.smith at chemistry.gatech.edu