[ale] redhat software

Michael D. Ivey, RHCE ivey at gweezlebur.com
Mon Jun 29 13:26:20 EDT 1998

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 10:02:36AM -0700, Mofid Francis wrote:
> I am interested in getting the redhat linux version that will be used as
> webserver, meaning will allow me to enter real life names not "RHS linux

That can be changed on any RH system...take a look at 'chfn' for starters.

> User" also the professional edition of redhat.  Does this software come
> with a software package that will monitor and report the number of

Is there a "Professional Red Hat"?  I've been saying that they should make
one, identical to the $50 one, and charge $595, for companies that HAVE to
spend money.

> bandwidth useage for particlar users.

mrtg may or may not be what you're looking for.  YMMV

> Whats the redhat version number that i am looking for?  How much (i think

5.1 is the latest.

> 50 bucks)? How is this different then the redhat linux that come with
> "redhat linux" published by Que books, it included cladera, slackware, and
> redhat(less then 40 bucks)..

If you have a CD burner and some spare bandwidth, just suck it down from
ftp.cc.gatech.edu or your favorite mirror.  Otherwise, pick it up from RH.
It's worth the $50.

/mdi

--
 Michael D. Ivey, RHCE | :r ~/doc/std_disclaimer.txt