[ale] Weird Mail.

robbie at opus.shorty.com robbie at opus.shorty.com
Fri Jun 26 17:08:30 EDT 1998

>   A friend of mine has a Linux box that dials into MCI.  Using mail on
> the Linux box (elm or mutt) he can mail out fine.  However, he has POP3 set
> up on the linux box so he can dial in and get/send mail with eudora.  This
> is the problem.  When he treies to send mail from eudora he has some strane
> problems.  If he mails to AOL, it treats it like spam.  Anywhere else
> and it bounces immediately saying it's an unknown recipeant.  I've verified
> the steps and he's doing everything right as far as anyone knows or can
> figure out.

More and more admins are setting their mail servers to refuse mail connections
from ISP dialup addresses. People are keeping lists of regexps that match
dialup blocks (eg; most ISP dialup addresses are similar, something
like foo-bar-baz-01.dialup.atl.bighonkingISP.net).

I've got a copy of the list- I'll see if I can find it and send it out..

Robbie