[ale] ssh and zlib?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Jun 24 12:50:19 EDT 1998

OK,
  I don't mean to flood the list, but some "crisis's" have popped up
according to the powers that be.  I'd spend some more time researching, but
some jobs (not mine luckily) are on the line and good people will get canned
who don't deserve it.

  Anyway, I'm trying to compile ssh for a machine in the DMZ and I'm getting
this now:

gi-dilbert:89%>pwd
/home/gius1/haro/Sources/ssh-1.2.22/zlib-1.0.4
gi-dilbert:90%>make
gcc -O -o example example.o -L. -lz
ld: warning: file ./libz.a ignored: unable to locate archive symbol table
ld: fatal: library -lz: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to example
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `example'

I've gotten gcc-2.7.2 working from the binary dist.  zlib appears to
be in the ssh distribution.  What's missing?

Robert L. Harris                |   Educate the Masses,
Senior System Administrator II  |      Don't just help them to
  at Great West Life.           \_       Remain ignorant.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: