[ale] ipfwadmin rules?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Thu Jun 18 23:45:26 EDT 1998

ipchains?  I have no such command.  I'm on 2.1.106.

Robert

Thus spake Chris Ricker (kaboom at gatech.edu):

> On 18 Jun, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
> > I cut and paste this into a file.  When I run it, I get this:
> >
> > {0}:wally:/usr/local/bin>./iprules
> > Setting incoming filters:
> > ipfwadm: no interface name (-W) allowed with this command
> > Try `ipfwadm -h' for more information.
> > ICMP ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
> > ftp ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
> > ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
> > ssh ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
> > http ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
>
> This looks like the errors you get if you try to use ipfwadm instead of
> ipchains on recent 2.1.x kernels.  What kernel version are you at?
>
> later,
> chris
>
> --
> Chris Ricker                                        kaboom at gatech.edu

Robert L. Harris            |   Educate the Masses,
Senior System Administrator |      Don't just help them to
  at Great West Life.        \_       Remain ignorant.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: