[ale] ppp-compress-2[146]?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Jun 17 15:05:38 EDT 1998

 Due to what appears to be syntax problem,s I can't compile 2.3.5,
the 2.3.5 rpm version of the pppd dumps (Memory Fault).  I did
however get a binary compiled against glibc which puts me where
I am with the missing modules.

Robert

Thus spake Jason Boyles (jason at chunk.hboc.com):

> On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 12:59:18PM -0400, Steven A DuChene wrote:
> > Robert:
> > I am experiencing the same problem with 2.1.106 when I try to run pppd.
> > [ . . . ]
> > BTW, I have got pppd-2.3.3 and it seems to connect & dial fine but
> > quits when it can't find those modules.
>
> Try a new version of pppd. Mine stopped working when I went from
> 2.1.97 to 2.1.106. I rectified the situation by upgrading pppd to
> v2.3.5.
>

> related trivia:
>
> Part of the problem with pppd was it couldn't handle the three
> digit revision level, so when the kernel hit 2.1.100 it stopped
> working.
>
> ----
> Jason Boyles <jason at chunk.hboc.com>

Robert L. Harris            |   Educate the Masses,
Senior System Administrator |      Don't just help them to
  at Great West Life.        \_       Remain ignorant.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: