[ale] File system sync or mirror solved

Tony Scalzitti tscal at vnet.net
Thu Jun 11 11:07:24 EDT 1998

Just a F.Y.I for everyone out  there

Ok I found the solution I found best.  The mirror program from sunsites
archive (in /pub/linux/system/backup) will mirror a directory, even
optionaly removing file no longer on the source.  This is cron for about
every hour (the NT file systems is mounted via smbfs).  Then create a
script that pings the NT box, if it stops responding change the netBIOS
alias in samba and restart.  This creates a hot backup server for the NT
system (or several NT systems).

There are a few more things I need to do to make it better, but thats
the basic idea

--
Thank you
Tony