[ale] multiple postscript pages (2) on single page?

Steven A DuChene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Wed Jun 3 13:00:47 EDT 1998

I want to be able to print a large postscript file so that I am able to
do what usually is called 2up format, where multiple pages (usually 2 or 4)
are shrunk and turned so they fit onto a single page.

I.E. What would start out as:

------------------------
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
|			|
------------------------

would end up as:

--------------------------------
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|
|		|		|

Is there some utility or method available to do this?
BTW, Although it is possible to do the printing/formating from a Linux
system I would prefer to do it from a HP-UX system if I can.

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.