[ale] Laptop Recommendations

Linux Idiot esoteric at atlnet.com
Tue Jun 2 16:37:56 EDT 1998

Matt Perry wrote:

> Hello everyone.  I've decided that I'm going to buy a laptop to run Linux
> but I want to make sure I get something that's going to have support and
> drivers for it.

I've currently got RH 5.0 installed on an hp 5700 Omnibook.  166 MMX
Pentium, 128 meg ram, 3 gig drive.  I've got X up, a pcmcia modem and
pcmcia nic both functional.  A docking station with a printer, scsi
syjet external 3.0 meg drive, both recognized and working.  I've been
very pleased with it.

I originally had an hp 5500 Omnibook working in the same docking
station, so that might be an option as well.  It had a 133 MMX, and 1.5
gig harddrive, max 64 meg ram.  I would recommend either one.  You
probably can get the 5500 cheaper, but I don't know if HP is still
selling them.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at atlnet.com

Get Windows CE and watch Windows crash in the palm of your hand...