[ale] Authentication problem

George A. Nies gnies at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 31 13:09:11 EDT 1998

I've been on the same samba version for almost two years...]
The version I'm running (sorry don't have the number off the top of my
head)
tries to cross check the username win95 passes it against /etc/passwd.
Your
problem might be related...  is "jeff" in /etc/passwd?
The syslog entry, specifically "PAM_pwdb" suggests an /etc/passwd
lookup.

	-George