[ale] Enlightenment DR14

Geoff Harrison mandrake at mandrake.net
Fri Jul 31 10:13:35 EDT 1998

On Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 09:01:15AM -0400, Dave Brooks wrote:
> Maybe *some of you* <G> could help me with a fast E 14 problem.
>
> Debian 2 comes prepacked with rpm -- however when I try to install E.14
> .rpm's, RPM pukes with dependancy problems regarding ldconfig and other
> miscellanious things.  I then resorted to using alien to convert the RPM's
> to .deb's, but some of the packages didn't like the "alien -d blah.rpm"
> (maybe there's a better command than the one I was using, I dont know).
> After that didnt work, I tried the source files.  Installed them all,
> libtiff spewed some jpeg errors that I was unable to resolve (even though
> libjpeg had been installed), and I just went ahead compiling E.  E
> complained about multiple header files, so I removed the ones that were in
> /usr/lib and recompiled imlib.  E finally compiled, but when it starts, it
> hoses on "libFnlib.so.0:  No such file or directory".  Even though an 'ls -l
> /usr/local/lib/libFnlib.so.0' produces positive results.  I tried
> recompiling fnlib, but no cigar.
> Any idea why its hosing? :)
>
> -Dave

Do you know if /usr/local/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?
Have you looked at an strace to see where all it is looking to load the
libraries from?  (I can't exactly speak for the rpm packages running under
debian I don't have any experience with that particular installation method)
I am, however, aware that there are some .deb packages available somewhere
from Shaleh (one day I'll put them on my ftp server I suppose)

--
Geoff Harrison (http://mandrake.net)
Senior Systems Engineer