[ale] Enlightenment DR14

Dave Brooks david.brooks at trusted.net
Fri Jul 31 09:01:15 EDT 1998

Maybe *some of you* <G> could help me with a fast E 14 problem.

Debian 2 comes prepacked with rpm -- however when I try to install E.14
.rpm's, RPM pukes with dependancy problems regarding ldconfig and other
miscellanious things.  I then resorted to using alien to convert the RPM's
to .deb's, but some of the packages didn't like the "alien -d blah.rpm"
(maybe there's a better command than the one I was using, I dont know).
After that didnt work, I tried the source files.  Installed them all,
libtiff spewed some jpeg errors that I was unable to resolve (even though
libjpeg had been installed), and I just went ahead compiling E.  E
complained about multiple header files, so I removed the ones that were in
/usr/lib and recompiled imlib.  E finally compiled, but when it starts, it
hoses on "libFnlib.so.0:  No such file or directory".  Even though an 'ls -l
/usr/local/lib/libFnlib.so.0' produces positive results.  I tried
recompiling fnlib, but no cigar.
Any idea why its hosing? :)

-Dave