[ale] Bad partition table

Matt Shade mshade at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 29 00:38:20 EDT 1998

I had one of my machines down today while temporarily canabalizing a
couple cards from it. Now, when I try to boot up, I first get a message
   DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

So, I have a boot disk handy and load it up. When it gets to checking
the drive, it sees it - id, cyl, heads, sectors and all - but then
reports
Partition check:
	hda: bad partition table

I bring it up from boot/root disks and run fdisk. It sees the partition
table fine, the way it's supposed to be, but reports:
warning: invalid flag 2a55 of partition table 4 will be corrected by
(w)rite

I've tried a write as it is, but still get bad partition table.

Any idea how to fix that?

Matt