[ale] Installs at LGS on Tues?

Matthew Stryker matthewstryker at zdnetmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:02:05 EDT 1998

Hi All-
    I have my first home Linux box built and ready to install, but I was hoping to have some guidance of one more familiar with Linux.  The machine will be the lone server on my home LAN with the clients running NT, 95, and Linux.  I need to use the Linux box as an IP server (I guess its not a router since it goes nowhere) and a DNS, as well as for FTP and HTTP.  Pretty much all access would be remotely (still in the apartment though) through telnet.  Samba would be great, but its not necessary.  Any suggestions about which distribution (RedHat is all I've used before, but I'm open to new stuff) and what exactly i'm doing translated into Linux-speak.   Thanks for the help,

Matt

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com