[ale] Q: Forcing SCSI module load

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 24 09:15:08 EDT 1998

Hello -
I have a scanner interfaced through an aha1502E (non-BIOS) SCSI card, and
I believe that this card's failure to respond to probing may be hanging my
system when I try to start an app which searches for the scanner (at
'/dev/sga').

I am running 2.0.33 in a RH4.2, libc.5x setup.

How to I force the loading and retention of 'aha152x.o' by my kernel, else
what other approaches can folks suggest (such as rebuilding the driver
with other options, ...)?

TIA - mills

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer -- john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
        Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
         "The cardinal virtues of a programmer are Laziness,
            Impatience, and Hubris." -- attr. Larry Wall