[ale] Off topic

Williams, Jim jwilliam at accu-tech.com
Fri Jul 17 14:10:56 EDT 1998

Hmmm, I am looking at the courses that I have taken at Southern
Tech,....Assembler...Computer Architecture...Data Structures in
C++...Applications programming in UNIX/Windows..... to name just a few (I am
a senior) if your not getting what you need at the big tech maybe you need
the small tech : ).  I know the Engineering departments (at SPSU) are
applied engineering but I feel we are getting a good mix of Applied and
theoretical science in this CS dept. We definitely do not spend as much time
with Calculus and such but I was not looking for a Math minor either.  Of
course we must also remember that it is human nature to think things are
never as good as they used to be( I was in the Navy...you should here those
old guys bitch).  Just because one guy from one school can not tell you the
difference between a thread or a string does not mean that the entire CS
curriculum is producing bone heads.  I am glad to have a school where I can
gain employable skills quickly(I enjoy eating).  I figure I will try to get
deep into the theory if I am interested in grad school or research on my
own.

Jim Williams
Business Systems Analyst
Accu-Tech Corporation