[ale] Another NT box left behind

Tom B Younker 2twins at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 16 22:01:20 EDT 1998

Hello all,

The Corrado Club email newsletter ( a model of VolksWagen ) included a
series
of messages explaining why they switched from NT to Unix.  My twin brothe=
extracted this one for me:

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #=
 #
# # =

Ok, I'm just getting into this conversation...

We're switching our mail system NT to unix. FreeBSD unix is more stable
than NT, multiples of times faster, and significantly easier to administe=
remotely... not to mention that it will SAVE us around $3000 this month t=
move the mail machine to Unix - that's a lot for us right now. Right now
the mailing lists themselves are the only things left on the old NT serve=
and they'll be moving to Unix as soon as we complete the testing of the
mailing list software.

As you laugh at Unix, remember that the mail problems that we had today
were all due to one of the NT machines that decided to do its own thing.

Think of Unix as the VW of the car world. Faithful and always running. Th=
ey
just need a driver & mechanic that understand them. oh, and Unix doesn't
blue screen.  :)

:)

-Kitt (from Connecticom)

 #