[ale] screen blanking

Linux Idiot esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jul 16 12:08:04 EDT 1998

Mir Shafiqul Islam wrote:

> I tink setterm command blanks the screen after 15 minutes of inactivity at
> console. It is called from /etc/rc.d/rc.M
>
> Default is setterm -blank 15

I believe what he means is that when he logs, the screen is cleared and
the login prompt is presented, not that the screen is blanked.  I know
what he's saying as I saw the same thing when I went from Slackware to
RH, but don't know how it's done either.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????