[ale] init 5 and .xinitrc

Michael D. Ivey, RHCE ivey at gweezlebur.com
Thu Jul 16 14:44:32 EDT 1998

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 02:09:59PM -0400, David Hamm wrote:
> I'm running in runlevel 5 and I have a .xinitrc file in my home directory but
> it doesn't seem to get execed when I log in.  Any Ideas?

Uhm...runlevel 5 starts XDM, which should put up the graphical XLogin banner
thingy.  I don't know if the scripts it runs look for .xinitrc or .Xclients.
Try poking around in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/, or try renaming .xinitrc to
.Xclients.

/mdi

--
 Michael D. Ivey, RHCE | require('std_disclaimer.pl');