[ale] screen blanking

Mir Shafiqul Islam mir at oisp.gsu.edu
Thu Jul 16 08:57:38 EDT 1998

I tink setterm command blanks the screen after 15 minutes of inactivity at
console. It is called from /etc/rc.d/rc.M

Default is setterm -blank 15

You can change it to 0 for not blanking at all. That way on the console
once you logoff it will show the /etc/issue message.

> > > I noticed that with my system running RedHat, when logging off the
screen > blanks.  On the other hand, my Slackware systems do not.  > > Is
there a way to have the screen blank after logging off so that the login >
screen has only the contents of the issue file followed by the login
prompt?  > > Thanks in advance of any help > > Regards - Bob Kruger > >

--
Mir S Islam
Systems Administrator
mir at oisp.gsu.edu