[ale] Need help finding PERL resource

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Tue Jul 14 12:18:26 EDT 1998

Need some help here!

I need to write some scripts for our web server and I am having a
horrible time finding the answer to what is probably a silly scripting
question.  Can any Perl gurus out there either point me in the right
direction or comment to me privately how to script this out in Perl?

Problem:  I must write a script that intercepts any call to a
particular section of my HTML document tree and displays either in
a pop-up window or as an additional document inserted
dynamically a disclaimer.  I then want to send the merry web visitor
on their way to the page they originally called.  I only want this to
happen once per browser session.

My main glitch is getting the Perl program to "remember" the
orignal URL, since I want to intercept any call (not just from a link
on another page). I am having major brain flatulence on this
problem.  Can anyone help?

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
Network Manager               Fax: 706/238-7858
Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "We are confronted with
                       insurmountable opportunities."
                             -Walt Kelly